Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Press Play To Start

What I did here I created a new document and used the brush tool to paint a big soft blue part in the middle. I then used the elliptical marquee tool to make a perfect yellow circle right int the center also. After doing so, I painted inside the yellow circle while it was still selected with a soft white brush on top for light and a soft black brush on the bottom for shadow. Then I made a layer under the orb layer and painted a soft black color. Using the free transform tool, I compressed the black into a shadow for the orb, added the brown triangle in the center with the polygon tool, and gave it the following blending options: Inner Shadow and Gradient Overlay. After adding a new layer under the triangle, I used a soft white brush to paint behind the triangle and compressed it down and to one side of the triangle to give the triangle a kind of glowing effect. All I had to do to complete the glowing effect was duplicate the first glowing light layer and rotate it to fit the other sides of the triangle. As an optional step, and rather arduous task that I did anyways, I used the pen tool to draw a string like pattern from the orb into the darkness in the background. After many attempts to draw one thin enough, I finally succeeded in drawing one out that satisfied me enough. I drew a rectangle out and perspective-shaped it a bit to make it a knot, giving it the following layer adjustments: inner glow, bevel and emboss, gradient overlay, and a pattern overlay. I then loaded a selection of the original orb layer and painted inside a soft white color. After deselecting the layer, I used free transform to move it to the right a bit and duplicated that same layer for the other side of the orb. I then changed the brush settings to give off a soft effect by painting in some little glowing lights that surrounded the orb in the background. Finally, I added one last adjustment layer (Color Balance) in order to give it a red color lighting effect, and then I was complete.




(Side Note: I know I did something wrong but I posted anyways because I haven't in a while.)

No comments:

Post a Comment