Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Dotted Dandelion Field

What I did here first was probably the hardest part, which was finding an image big enough to fit many pixelized dots inside. Then, after opening the image, I had to convert it into a smart object to allow for the re-editing of whatever adjustments I made to the picture. Anyways, I added a color fill of black and moved that adjustment layer from the top to the bottom. I then applied a mosaic filter, with the tiles at a size of 56 pixels large. After doing so, I made a new document in the same size as the mosaic pixels and drew a circle smack dab in the middle of the document using the elliptical marquee tool. After deselecting the circle, I filled it with black and then inverted the inside of the circle back to a white color with the outside of it black. Then, I defined the circle as a pattern to be used in the original picture's document. Before doing so, though, I gave the pixelated photo a layer mask, selected the layer mask, and then added the circle pattern to the picture. Unfortunately, the dots looked to bland so in order for the dots to stand out more, I gave the picture layer a stroke style of 1 pixel just to be subtle, a hue/saturation adjustment layer, then finally a levels adjustment layer but I lowered that adjustment layer's opacity to 25% and set the blending mode to screen and I was finally done!

No comments:

Post a Comment