Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Blending Photo

What I did here was I opened the picture of the girl blowing on the dandelion into its own page and then loaded the rest of the pictures onto that one. After resizing them to the appropriate size, I turned off the layer holding the grass picture. I then added a layer mask to the dandelions picture, selected the gradient tool, and chose a linear, foreground-into-background style of gradient fade. Using the gradient tool, I clicked and dragged a short distance from the dandelion on the left to a space near it, all while holding shift, in order to bring about the gradient effect into the girl picture and the dandelion picture. After doing so, I turned on the spring background picture layer and did the same thing I did with the other two pictures, except I clicked and dragged my cursor vertically instead of horizontally two fade it into the other two pictures. In the process of all this, I learned something really useful, being that if you want to add another gradient fade somewhere else on the picture without getting rid of an existing one, you have to change the gradient style from foreground-to-background to a foreground-to-transparent kind of style. Doing so allows one two put in as many other gradient fades as they wish because instead of the layer mask going from white to black, black being the part that's already shaded, the fade will go from a white color to no color at all, allowing whatever we don't want covered  to not be at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment